On 12 July in Scientific Library of NTU «KhPI» the higher education scientists have had the meeting with the financial, corporate and business Law fields American lawyer, representative of Phoenix Fund, professor of Cornell University Сharles К. Whitehead. The purpose of the visit was the discussion on issues connected with the NTU «KhPI» scientist developments commercialization.
The negotiations with American guest have been conducted by Specialist in intellectual property objects commercialization, Research and New Development Director of Industrial Group «UPEC» Eduard Simson, Deputy Head of The Research Unit Ruslan Krivobok and The Scientists in the following fields of:
- Technical Electrochemistry – professors Maryna Ved and Mykola Sakhnenko, associated professor Antonina Maizelis;
- Structural and X-Ray Spectrum Analysis – senior staff scientists Anton Mikhailov and Oleksii Baturin;
- Electrotechnics – professors Konstiantyn Korytchenko and Volodymyr Bolyukh.
At the meeting it was discussed in detail the NTU «KhPI» researcher projects, pre-selected by American investors:
- Method of metal recovery from drag-out bath of galvanic line in the form of Cu/Ni multilayer coating;
- High performance functional coating;
- Development of a high sensitive X-Ray fluorescence method (XRF) for analysis of materials using X-Ray optical devices;
- Protection information devices from unauthorized access, located on the digital recording medium
It should be remained that in November 2016 Сharles К. Whitehead as part of the Foreign Delegation visited NTU «KhPI» in order to inspection of the premises, that is prepared with the objective of Business Center «Incubator 1991» opening. It is a pilot project for Ukraine, since for the first time it will consolidate two perspective directions of scientific developments promoting: co-working center and business incubation.
Prospective «Incubator» will be located on the territory of NTU «KhPI» Kharkiv Computer and Technological College.
Moreover in spring Сharles К. Whitehead delivered a series of lectures for postgraduate students, research fellows and lecturers of NTU «KhPI».