The list of documents for Erasmus credit mobility
- Learning Agreement for Studies to ensure a transparent and efficient preparation of the exchange abroad, as well as to agree on how activities successfully completed abroad will be recognised.
- Copy of graduation certificate with the application or academic certificate of courses listened. These documents must be translated into English (transcript of records on passed exams for all levels of study) For students of 2-4 courses – all courses listened.
- Formal confirmation of foreign language skills. For example IELTS or TOEFL for English
- Signed declaration on the state of residence, birth, citizenship
- Essay (cover letter). Standart letter size – up to 500 words. It should indicate academic or professional achievements, put the case for your participation in the program.
- CV( https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents.) It should include contact information, a summary of the resulting education, professional experience, knowledge of foreign languages and so on.
- Recommendations from teachers in core subjects (one – two).
- Valid actual confirmation on enrolment
- Copy of valid personal document
Read more on the Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies and in enclosed document Frequently asked questions
Erasmus+ Incoming students: Formal Procedures 2016/2017
HOW TO APPLY
The first step when applying for a study period at NTU “KhPI” is when the partner HEI (higher education institution) sends the nomination of the selected students. The nomination should be sent via e-mail to the person responsible for incoming students at the International Office (see: Contact Us section) and they should include student’s: name, surname, sex, field of study, cycle of study, department at NTU “KhPI”, e-mail address. The next step is for the selected students to send us their application documents.
Then, this document should be filled in using BLACK PRINTED letters and sent ( the scanned version) to the International Office contact person for incoming students.(see: Contact us section).
The student should also prepare their Learning Agreement, which must be approved by the responsible person(s) at the home HEI, and then send it (the scanned version) to the International Office contact person for incoming students.It is important that not to make any changes to one’s signed LA, the section BEFORE THE MOBILITY, after arrival. This section contains the following tables:
a. Table A – courses that the student will take at NTU “KhPI”;
b. Table B – courses at the student’s home university which correspond to the courses in table A.
! The Learning Agreement must be accepted by the Faculty hosting the student before their arrival !
The following enclosures must be sent together with the application documents via e-mail:
• copy of student’s passport or identity card
• English certificate confirming language competence at minimum B1 level (according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by an accredited body OR a confirmation of placement test results at minimum B1 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by the relevant unit at the home HEI.
After the student has been successfully accepted by the Faculty, an acceptance e-mail is sent by our office to the student. NTU “KhPI” can send acceptance letters for exchange students upon request, but only for visa requirements. The acceptance email is an official confirmation that the student has been accepted to NTU “KhPI”.
Deadlines for nomination/application
For the winter semester:
Nomination no later than 30th April, application documents no later than 31st May
For the summer semester:
Nomination no later than 30th November, application documents no later than 31st December.
On your arrival
Incoming students should notify the International Office and their student tutors about their arrival in advance.
Oleksandr A. Goncharov
Head of International Relations Department
Ukraine, Kharkov, str. Frunse.21 NTU “KhPI”
Tel.: +38 (057) 706-32-28
Fax: +38 (057) 707-66-01
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Extension of the mobility period:
If a student wants to extend their mobility period in Kharkiv, they have to fill the Extension of short-term studies as an ERASMUS+ student, Academic Year 2015/2016 and have it signed by Departmental and Faculty Coordinators at the NTU “KhPI”, as well as by responsible person at the student’s home university. The student should also fill in the section “DURING THE MOBILITY” of their Learning Agreement including the subjects for the summer semester and have it signed by Departmental and Faculty Coordinators at NTU “KhPI”, as well as by a responsible person at the student’s home university. The above-mentioned documents should be delivered to the International Office contact person for incoming students.
Before you leave
Once the student has completed all their courses and know the results of their exams, they should fill in the Examination sheet with all the courses that are to be included in the recognition outcomes. It should include the title of the course, the number of ECTS credits, the local grade, the name and the signature of the teacher, stamp and signature of the Faculty Coordinator and be delivered to the International Office contact person for incoming students.
Examination sheets not including the information mentioned above will not be accepted.
On the basis of the above-mentioned examination sheet, a responsible person at the International Office will fill out the section
AFTER THE MOBILITY of the student’s Learning Agreement.
The end date of the student’s study period is calculated as follows: last examination date + max. two weeks added upon student’s request. (it concerns the end date which will be written on student’s attendance certificates and their LAs)