Since February 2016, educational center “German Technical Faculty” has been working at NTU “KhPI”. The center has been transformed from the German Technical Faculty, which has successfully set up cooperation with Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg for more than 15 years. As a result of the transformation, the center has received wider opportunities for students studying German language, significantly expanded the list of specialties that can participate in student and teacher exchange programs and involved new partners for the implementation of international programs.
The Center has the following functions:
- Organization of the educational project “German-speaking engineer” to study German language while preparing bachelors of engineering specialties;
- Organization and selection of students to study German, monitoring their current academic success and organizing independent certified testing to determine the level of German language proficiency;
- Coordination of cooperation between NTU “KhPI” and German universities;
- Presentation and implementation of educational and research programs and grants for students, lecturers and researchers (DAAD, Erasmus +);
- Participation of the educational center in exhibitions, seminars, fairs and open days in order to popularize the work of the center and broaden the opportunities for students of NTU “KhPI” to study in German universities.
The educational project “German-speaking engineer” is a modern outlook on the training of leading engineers, a timely response to the labor market needs in Ukraine and Europe regarding the great demand of young and progressive specialists who are not only well-versed in their specialty but also fluent in German!
Within the framework of this project, students have the opportunity to study German for free, receive an international certificate and continue their studies in Germany at one of the partner universities of NTU “KhPI”. The terms of participation in the program are: excellent study results at one of the engineering faculties of our university, motivation to study German and the desire to continue studying in Germany.
Other opportunities for students
Students who are fluent in German have the opportunity not only to study in Germany, but also to have practical training at leading enterprises, to prepare diploma thesis at enterprises and universities, to take internships in various firms, to participate in university programs, to work in different enterprises during summer holidays or during holiday period of regular workers and, of course, successful employment after graduation.
Head of the Center:
Meshkov Denys – PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Internal Combustion Engines
Phone: +38 098 2831453
2, Kyrpychova str., 61002, Kharkiv, Ukraine
NTU “KhPI”, main building, office 39
Educational Center “German Technical Faculty”
Phone: +38 057 707 6479