On March 12, 2021 NTU “KhPI” signed a cooperation agreement with the Chinese educational company “Qingdao TOP Education Management Co. Ltd.”. The event took place within the initiative of The Belt and Road Union of 20 Nations for Advanced Personnel Development — U20 Alliance. The agreement presupposes cooperation of Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute with U20 Alliance and its Chinese universities in the educational, scientific, methodological and cultural fields. The signing ceremony was online.
Among the participants of the meeting: First Secretary of the Embassy of Ukraine to the People’s Republic of China Valerii Bronskykh, Chairman of the U20 Alliance and Qingdao TOP Education Management Co. Ltd. Dr. Dong Quanxian, representatives of several universities in China, Vice-Rector for International Relations of NTU “KhPI” Gennadiy Khrypunov.
During the negotiations, the Vice-Rector for International Relations of NTU “KhPI” Gennadiy Khrypunov presented Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute to his colleagues: the position of the university in the international QS World University Rankings, the opportunity to study in English in many technical and economic specialties, double degree programs of the university, areas of scientific interests and participation in international projects, and also noted the popularity of KhPI among foreign students (at the moment, it’s more than 1500 citizens from different countries of the world).
“We have more than 120 cooperation agreements with various universities and organizations around the world. In addition, KhPI has eleven double degree programs with universities in countries such as Germany, France, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, Czech Republic and Bulgaria. I hope that after today’s signing of the agreement, we will have productive work with universities in China. We invite you to cooperate with KhPI not only in the educational, but also in the scientific fields,” emphasized Gennadiy Khrypunov.
Within the agreement between NTU “KhPI” and U20 Alliance, partnership is assumed on the following issues:
- joint scientific and technical research,
- exchange of scientific publications, teaching materials, bibliographic and reference manuals and other information,
- participation of representatives of partner universities in scientific conferences and symposia of importance and mutual interest,
- academic mobility — teaching students of Chinese universities, members of the U20 Alliance, in NTU “KhPI” in the chosen specialties;
- exchange of the academic staff and scientists for giving lectures, consultations, transfer of experience in the field of scientific and methodological work, as well as exchange of undergraduate students and postgraduates for a period of 1 to 12 months (quota — up to six students per year on each side),
- joint training in NTU “KhPI” of bachelors and masters of Chinese citizens in such specialties in English: Applied Physics and Nanomaterials, Economics, Psychology, Accounting, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Management, Marketing, Business Management, Applied Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Chemical Technologies and Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electromechanics, Electronics according to the formulas 2+2 and 4+1.4 with obtaining a diploma of NTU “KhPI”.
Among the universities that are included in the U20: University of the Philippines, Qingdao University, Qilu University of Technology, Jinan Vocational College of Nursing, ST. Paul University (Manila), Emilio Aguinaldo College, San Sebastian College-Recoletos, St. Scholastica’s College (Manila), De La Salle University, Adamson University, Harbin Institute of Technology, SAIDI Graduate School of Organization Development, Philippine Normal University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Our Lady of Fatima University, Moscow State Aviation Institute, The Philippines Women`s University, Lyceum of the Philippines University, Novosibirsk National Glinka Institute of Music, University of Perpetual Help System, WCC, Uman State University, Chinese Academy of Science, Russian State-Run Sports University.
Qingdao TOP Education Management Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary company of Qingdao TOP Brandpower Management Group-China, which is a listed company that operates in different fields of brand management, education management, strategic consulting, etc.