According to the Law of Ukraine “Priority Areas of Science and Technology Development”, information and communication technologies have been identified as one of the priority areas of development. The IT industry plays a significant role in the social and economic activities of society, providing support for the development of the state economy and the social sphere in the context of growing cyber attacks on systems with critical cyber infrastructure.
The department was established on January 11, 2022. The Department of Cybersecurity employs 11 lecturers, 3 of whom have a doctor degree, 5 – PhD; 3 – the title of professor, 8 – the title of associate professor. At present, the department prepares 2 doctoral students in the fields of “Information Security of the State” and “Information Protection Technologies”:Pohasii S. research topic “Models and methods of protection in cyberphysical systems”, Milevskyi S. research topic “Methodology of building security systems for multimedia resources in Internet services”.
Employees of the department take an active part in scientific work and research, publish articles in professional and indexed (Scopus) publications, monographs and participate in scientific and professional conferences. The department holds an international scientific-practical conference “Information Security and Information Technology” in the framework of the international scientific-practical forum “Digital Reality”, is a co-organizer of the international congress “Human-Computer Interaction, Optimization and Robotic Applications” (IEEE, Ankara, Turkey).
The Department of Cybersecurity is actively cooperating in the field of education and research with leading IT companies (Distributed Lab, Cypher, Microcrypt Technologies). Lecturers of the department and students studying in the field of the department actively use the resources of cloud computing and apply the technologies of modern networks and cybersecurity tools together with leading specialists.
The department works on research in the following areas:
- post-quantum algorithms based on crypto-code constructions of McEllis and Niederwright on algebraic-geometric (unprofitable) codes;
- methodology for building security systems in socio-cyberphysical systems, critical infrastructure facilities;
- models and methods of building a security system in Internet services;
- methodology for protection of cyberphysical systems based on DataMining methodology.
The department trains bachelors and masters in the specialty 125 “Cybersecurity”. Specialists in this field can carry out professional activities in small and medium-sized businesses, enterprises and institutions of various forms of ownership, industrial and non-industrial spheres, state and local government, educational and scientific institutions.
Learning objectives – training of professionals capable of developing and using information security technologies.
Graduate of specialty 125 “Cybersecurity” can work as a specialist in the organization of information security; information protection engineer; inspector for the organization of protection of classified information; secrecy specialist; information security system designer; application programmer; system programmer; web programmer; computer network designer; database administrator; system administrator; computer systems analyst; information protection analyst; enterprise security manager.
- Programming (CISCO Programming Essentials in C, Advanced Programming in C)
- Physical foundations of technical means of intelligence
- Information Security State (CISCO Introduction to Cybersecurity)
- Mathematical foundations of cryptology
- Introduction to Networks CISCO CCNA
- Programming Technologies (CISCO Programming Essentials In Python)
- Fundamentals of construction and protection of microprocessor systems
- Information Security Management (CISCO Cybersecurity Essentials)
- Fundamentals of mathematical modeling of security systems
- Fundamentals of cryptographic protection
- Security in information and communication systems (CISCO CCNA Security, Network Security)
- Information systems and Internet technologies
- Complex information security systems
- Security in Internet of Things (CISCO IoT Fundamentals: IoT Security)
- Organization and security of databases
- Fundamentals of steganographic information protection
- CISCO CCNA Cybersecurity Operations
- Business intelligence
- Data Mining in Security Systems (CISCO IoT Fundamentals: Big Data & Analytics)
- Corporate networks and access systems
- Security and audit of wireless and mobile networks
- Fundamentals of planning and administration of information resources access services
- Expert systems
- Administration of UNIX-based systems
- Fundamentals of technical protection of information
- Security of banking systems
- Blockchain: basics and examples of application
- Fundamentals of Decentralized Applications (DAPPS)
- Security in social networks
- Web programming
- Basics of smart contracts
- Security in DEVOPS
- Presentation and processing of knowledge
- Innovative entrepreneurship and startup project management
- Intellectual property protection
- Business process security management technologies
- Advanced network and cloud security
- Web security
- Wireless and mobile security
- Digital forensics
- Penetration testing and ethical hacking
Website of the department
Yevseiev Serhii Petrovich
Qualifications and Areas of Specialization
Specialty, educational program
Bachelor and Master: