The Ministry of Higher Education and Science of Egypt reported that, starting from 2019-2020, only seven of the best universities in Ukraine that are part of the QS Word University Rankin, among which is NTU “KhPI”, will be recognized by Egypt:
– V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University;
– Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv;
– National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”;
– National Technical University “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”;
– Lviv Polytechnic National University
– Sumy State University;
– Bogomolets National Medical University
For graduates from Egypt, the other Ukrainian universities will require to pass exams after returning to their homeland to confirm their qualifications. It should also be noted that the universal military mandate for men actually makes it impossible for them to be elected by the university outside the recommended list, since such applicants will not be granted a deferral for service in the army.
The NTU “KhPI” traditionally educates a significant number of students from Egypt. In 2017, the delegation of NTU “KhPI” visited Egypt. The presentation of the university was held at the Embassy of Ukraine in Egypt.