NTU “KhPI” became the first engineering institution of higher education in Ukraine that started the cooperation with one of the largest Universities in Mexico, i.e. Universidad Autónoma de Baja California. The purpose is to realize academic exchanges between the Universities and create joint projects in scientific and educational fields, in particular in the field of engineering and electric power industry including natural sciences.
The first coordination Zoom-meeting was held on October 20, 2020 with the participation of Gennadiy Khrypunov, pro-rector in charge of international relations at NTU “KhPI”, associate professor of the Department for Physics Kseniya Minakova, and David Toledo-Sarracino, the coordinator of the international cooperation from the Autonomous University of the Baja California (Universidad Autónoma de Baja California).
The participants of the negotiations discussed possible fields of the cooperation between the Universities:
- Academic exchanges (with the participation of the teachers, post-graduate students and employees in different educational and/or research events and projects); exchange of students for the participation in educational and research projects and assistance in the search of grants and scholarship programs.
- Holding the symposiums, conferences, courses, offline and online meetings to discuss scientific and educational issues.
- Doing joint research, participating in refresher training programs offered for the teachers and students and exchanging the information in appropriate fields;
- Carrying out joint educational and research activities in such areas as optoelectronics, renewable power engineering, natural sciences, applied mathematics and engineering.
- Extending the knowledge of culture, traditions and history of both countries.
Gennadiy Khrypunov, pro-rector in charge of international relations noted that the Kharkiv Polytech was the first engineering institution of higher education in Ukraine that started its cooperation with the large University in Mexico. One more online meeting has been scheduled for the nearest future to sign the Memorandum of Understanding. The participants of this meeting will be the executive management of NTU “KhPI” and that of Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, and the representatives of the universities operating teams that will implement cooperation programs. In particular the Kharkiv Polytech will be represented by Oleksiy Larin, Director of the Educational and Scientific Institute for Engineering and Physics and Roman Tomashevskyi, Director of the Educational and Scientific Institute for Power Engineering, Electronics and Electromechanics.
Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, UABC was founded in 1957 and it is one of the leading public universities in Mexico with its headquarters in the city of Mexicali (Baja California, Mexico). UABC runs the three basic campuses in the cities of Ensenada, Mexicali and Tijuana and maintains the five sub-campuses in the cities of Rosarito, San-Quintin, Tecate, and Valle Dorado in Ensenada and in the outskirts of Valle de Las Palmas in Tijuana. Now, this University gains the lead among the Universities of the north-western region of the country.UABC_brochure