NTU “Kharkov Polytechnic Institute” acceded to the Alliance of Ukrainian and Chinese Universities. The new alliance was set up to improve the quality of education and strengthen the educational space internationalization. At the moment, the Alliance integrates forty nine Ukrainian Universities and ninety two Chinese Universities. In addition, NTU “KhPI” concluded a straightforward agreement on cooperation with Dalian Polytechnic University (China). The agreement anticipates the academic exchanges of the students and teachers, the realization of joint educational and scientific projects, and the development of double-diploma programs.
The Alliance of Ukrainian and Chinese Universities held the welcome ceremony in the videoconference format and it was finalized by the signing of the Contract with the participation of the Vice-Minister of the Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine in the matters of European Integration Andriy Vitrenko and the Vice Minister of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China Tian Xuejun.
The Alliance was set up to extend the cooperation and to efficiently exchange contemporary methods of teaching, respond to the challenges amid the pandemic and create the conditions for the contemporary high-quality distance education using digital technologies.
The priority areas of cooperation include the development of the academic mobility of the employees involved in research and teaching activities, the creation of academic and research teams, the opening of joint laboratories and educational centers, the introduction of the contemporary on-line learning technologies, etc. The Alliance coordinators are the National University “Chernigov Polytechnic” (Ukraine) and Dalian University of Technology (the People’s Republic of China).
The Alliance opening ceremony was held on June 23, 2021 in the videoconference format bridging the cities of Kyiv and Chernigov (Ukraine) and also the cities of Beijing and Dalian (The People’s Republic of China). This event took place within the framework of the fourth meeting of the Subcommission on the issues of cooperation in the field of education and in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the establishment of the relations of the strategic partnership between Ukraine and China commemorated in 2021.
The working schedule of the Ukrainian–Chinese Alliance of the Universities covers the following aspects:
- cooperation between one Chinese institution of higher education and several Ukrainian universities to integrate the best disciplines of both parties and invite qualified teachers and research teams from Ukraine to China to cultivate talents:
- The People’s Republic of China plans to forward to Ukraine the teams of teachers and researchers of a high level for teaching activities and joint research, in particular setting up joint research laboratories and involving Ukrainian students to give them an opportunity to become knowledgeable professionals of an international level in the future,
- Creating a special-purpose Chinese–Ukrainian Foundation to finance the teachers and co-instructors of the thesis papers written by postgraduate students.
- Financing the participants of the research team from China and Ukraine (professors, associate professors, teachers, PhD students and post-graduate students) to promote cooperation,
- realizing the Project «China-Ukraine Campus Fund» to finance short-term exchange of students (in order to participate in research projects, cultural exchange projects, and for the purpose of the strengthening of mutual understanding and confidence, etc.,
- promoting on-line education between the countries (delivering online lectures, holding the conferences, organizing distance learning courses, introducing the innovations of a different type to diversify the training activities of the students and doing also joint Ukrainian-Chinese research.
Within the framework of this event the managers of the institutions of higher education from Ukraine and China concluded a number of cooperation agreements, in particular: on the part of Ukraine the signees were National University “Chernigov Polytechnic”, O. Honchar Dniper National University, Sumy State University, Ukrainian State University for the Railway Transport, NTUU “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, and NTU “Kharkov Polytechnic Institute” and on the part of China the signees were Dalian University of Technology, Dalian University of Foreign Languages, Shenyang Aerospace University, Southwest Jiaotong University, Shenyang Ligong University and Dalian Polytechnic University.