On May 29, 2017 the delegation of experts from Huawei Company paid a visit to the National Technical University “Kharkov Polytechnic Institute”. Huawei is one of the largest Chinese telecommunication companies. The purpose of the visit was to become acquainted with the University and establish cooperation in scientific and engineering spheres.
The foreign delegation was represented by Mr. Peng Jun, the President of Huawei Research Center to Minsk and Kiev, Mr. Xiaohu Liu, the manager of Huawei Research Center to Kiev and Andrei Passamakhin, the leading heating engineer of Huawei Research Center in Kiev.
The talks with foreign guests were carried on by Eldar Veliev, the Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, a pro-rector in charge of scientific and pedagogical activities of NTU “KhPI”.
The scientific library of University held the presentation of the activities in which Huawei Company is involved to realize the innovation program. The scientists of KhPI doing research in the field of electrochemistry also presented their developments, in particular
- Doctor of engineering sciences, Prof. Nikolay Sakhnenko, head of the Department for Physical Chemistry
- Doctor of engineering sciences, Prof Maryna Ved working for the Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry
- Associate Professor Viktoriia Stefen, working for the Department of Engineering Electrochemistry.
- Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, Prof. Oleg Sobol, head of the Department for Material Science
- Doctor of engineering sciences, Prof. Elena Rogacheva, head of the Laboratory for Semiconductors and Semiconductor Material Science of the Department for Theoretical and Experimental Physics
- Doctor of engineering sciences, Prof. Igor Kononenko, head of the Department for Strategic Management.
The participants of this event were also PhD Ruslan Krivobock, the deputy head of the Research Center (RC), Aleksandr Vasyliuk, deputy chief of the Department for International Relations, Evgeniy Galkin, specialist of the RC and other scientists of the University.
Foreign guests visited the Department for Material Science and Physical Chemistry, the Laboratory for Semiconductors and Semiconductor Material Science of the Department for Theoretical and Experimental Physics of NTU “KhPI”.
We would like to draw attention to the fact that the scientists of NTU “KhPI” are invited to participate in the tender to win the HІRP OPEN Project grant of Huawei Company. HIRP OPEN 2017 Project was launched on May 15, 2017 to finance leading universities and research institutes involved in innovation developments in the field of communication technologies, informatics and engineering in allied fields. The term of financing is 1 to 2 years. The current year reward ranges from 30 000 to 70 000 USD and it can exceed the indicated amount of funds depending on the proposed development and the field for its application.
The presentation below gives more detailed information about the HІRP OPEN Project launched by Huawei Company, the registration procedure and the submission of application forms to get the grant.
Application filing deadline: 9:00 on June 16, 2017 Beijing Standard Time GMT + 8).User Guide For HIRP Application System – 2017
HIRP OPEN 2017 Leaflet