A whole set of agreements within the cooperation between NTU “KhPI” and the Shenyang Institute of Engineering SIE, China was reached during an online meeting that took place the other day. In particular, it was about the organization of academic exchange programs, joint research work, summer / winter camps to familiarize Chinese citizens with Ukrainian culture.
The online conference was held with the participation of the Vice-Rector of NTU “KhPI” Gennadiy Khrypunov, Vice-Rector of the Shenyang Institute of Engineering (SIE) Song Jixin, as well as the deans of the power and mechanical departments of two universities, representatives of the international relations departments. They agreed to cooperate in the following areas:
- post-graduate students of SIE and NTU “KhPI” will be given the opportunity to conduct research in the laboratories of the partner university. They will also be able to attract a professor from this university as a co-leader of the project;
- organization of a dual program — SIE students will be able to receive diplomas of two universities (SIE and NTU “KhPI”), undergoing training at the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute according to the schemes of 2+2 or 3+1 years of study;
- short-term academic exchange programs for SIE teachers, i.e. visits to NTU “KhPI” for a period of 3 – 6 months;
- professors of SIE and NTU “KhPI” will have the opportunity to be invited speakers to give lectures at the partner university;
- development of research cooperation between the two universities in related areas;
- summer / winter camp programs on the basis of NTU “KhPI”, i.e. organizing visits for SIE students to Kharkiv to get acquainted with Ukrainian customs, history, culture, it is also planned to study the Ukrainian language. Duration: 3-4 weeks.
At the online meeting NTU “KhPI” was represented by: Vice-Rector for International Relations Gennadiy Khrypunov, Head of the International Relations Department Alexander Goncharov and his Deputy Alexander Vasilyuk, Dean of the Faculty of International Education Dmitry Kudiy, Director of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Energy, Electronics and Electromechanics Roman Tomashevsky, Director of Educational and Scientific Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Transport Vitaliy Epifanov, as well as their deputies for international activities.
From the Shenyang Institute of Engineering, there were: Vice-Rector Song Jixin, Director of the International Exchange and Cooperation Department Lu Yuying, Dean of the International Education Department Sun Xiaoyu, Dean of the Electricity Department Ye Peng, Dean of the Energy Department Wang Qimin, Deputy Director of the International Exchange and Cooperation Department Feng Fanli, secretaries Department of International Exchange and Cooperation Li Fengpeng and Qian Qi, Deputy Director of the China-Ukraine Center for Innovative Cooperation Fu Hong.
The Shenyang Institute of Engineering was established in 2003 through the merger of Shenyang Electric Power University and Liaoning Business Vocational Institute. The university consists of three campuses: a main campus, an industrial campus, and a science park. Currently, more than 11 thousand people study here. SIE offers a large number of disciplines in the following areas: engineering, economics, humanitarian sciences, management and law.