The organisation «Educated Initiative» together with the US Embassy in Ukraine invites students of Kharkiv Polytechnic to one of the most prestigious exchange programs in the world. Global UGRAD provides an opportunity to study at accredited higher education institutions in the United States, travel and participate in seminars on professional development. Apply and get a chance to join the participants of the program!
The U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for participation in an exchange program for bachelor’s degree students of higher education institutions (Global Undergraduate Exchange Program) in the academic year 2024-2025. The program participants will be selected based on the following criteria: academic excellence, leadership potential, community involvement, mastery of written and spoken English, motivation and willingness to become a participant in the exchange program.
The Global UGRAD finalists will study for one academic semester at a university in the United States of America in any specialties, will receive intensive English language training, and will participate in volunteer activities, professional development seminars, and cultural enrichment events.
The Global UGRAD program provides an opportunity to receive a scholarship to study for one academic semester in all fields of a bachelor’s degree program in the United States of America. Program participants who are planning to study in the United States in the specialties of law, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacology and other medical specialties are offered to study only basic courses in the above specialties.
The program for the finalists of the competition will begin in the United States in September 2024 or January 2025.
Students can participate who:
- currently live and study as a full-time undergraduate student in Ukraine in the 1st or 2nd year of their bachelor’s degree;
- over 18 years of age as of the date of the program’s start in the United States;
- have demonstrated leadership potential through academic work, involvement in social and extracurricular activities;
- have a good level of written and spoken English;
- have the opportunity to begin their studies in the United States in September 2024 or January 2025;
- will return to Ukraine after completing the program and continue their studies for at least one academic year at their university in Ukraine.
To apply for the program, you must provide
- a completed application form,
- 2 recommendation letters,
- a copy of your international passport or ID card,
- a certificate of full-time university studies together with an academic transcript..
To learn more about the program, please follow the link: https://ua.usembassy.gov/uk/education-culture-uk/global-ugrad-uk/
or by using our convenient chatbot, which contains all the information you need: https://t.me/UGRAD_Ukraine_bot
For students, who are OLDER than the 1st and 2nd years of study, there are other programs and opportunities in the USA, which can be found on the Telegram channel @enlight_hub (https://t.me/enlight_hub ) from the NGO «Educated Initiative»
Global UGRAD is one of the most prestigious exchange programs in the world, implemented by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State, the US Embassy in Ukraine, and the organisation World Learning. The program provides an opportunity to establish cooperation with global educational institutions. And free academic mobility promotes intercultural communication development, academic and professional development of students. Upon completion of the program, participants are obliged to return to Ukraine and continue their studies for at least one year, which will provide that they share their experience with their home university and Ukraine.